How often are my lessons given?
Most students arrange lessons that are given once each week. However, if you want to accomplish yourr music goals faster, you may choose lessons for twice each week.
How long are the lessons?
Lessons are approximately one hour in length.
Does age matter?
Generally, no. You only need to be old enough to focus and apply techniques given for your particular voice. As for being "too old," there is no such thing.
What styles of music do you teach?
A variety of musical genres and styles including but not limited to:
What do you focus on during lessons?
I tailor each of your lessons for you. Everyone comes with their own level of talent and set of needs.
To jump-start you in becoming that great, exceptional singer, I use my proven method “How to Be a Great Singer in 4 Simple Steps”. Using this tool, you will see and hear yourself becoming closer to fulfilling your dreams during your first lesson.
The lesson format is:
- "4 Steps"
- Breathing exercise
- Vocal warm-up
- Work on song (of your choosing)
You will see your voice, performance level and confidence leap ahead.
How much are lessons and how are they payable?
There are several options from which you may choose:
- 1 60-minute lesson per week $50
- 2 45-minute lessons $90
Payment can be made online using VISA, Mastercard, Discover, AmericanExpress, Paypal or Square at least one week in advance to secure scheduled lesson day and time.
When is payment due for my lessons?
To keep your private lesson time locked in so no other student can schedule out your time, payment should be made at least one week in advance.
What if I miss a class?
You are highly encouraged not to miss any classes. Scheduling a make-up lesson may not be possible because of no time slots available.
If absence is incurred, students must call no later than 24 hours prior to lesson time for a make-up lesson to be considered.
What materials do I need for classes?
- “How to Be a Great Singer in 4 Simple Steps” (book or download available online or from instructor
- Digital or tape recorder
- Notebook (for specific notes I give you for your particular voice and journaling progress)
- For the very first lesson, you may bring an accompaniment tape or sheet music or email me an mp3 file of a song you feel comfortable to sing so I can hear what your voice sounds like
- Patience and open-mind to acheive an improved great sounding voice
For very first lesson, you may bring an accompaniment track or sheet music of a song you feel comfortable to sing so I can hear what your voice sounds like.
Do you provide coaching?
Yes. I can provide you with vocal coaching, performance readiness and repertoire development.
I have no experience at all! Can you help me?
For sure! You are not expected to know how to sing like your greatest vocal star when you walk into a lesson...that's what I'm here for.
I have no aspirations to be a professional. Would I be wasting my time with lessons?
Never. Many people don't want to be the next “American Idol”. They just want to be their best. They sing simply because they love to and perhaps it's their escape.
Whether or not you want to “step into the spotlight“, taking lessons can greatly increase your enjoyment of singing because it makes singing easier. You'll also sound a lot better and more confident!
I'm not sure I need lessons, or that you're the right teacher for me. How do I know?
Sign-up for a trial lesson ($30). Even if you decide not to continue with lessons, you'll have gained several valuable things:
- * A professional's assessment of your voice and its potential
- * An idea of what it will take to get your voice where you want it to be
- * An idea of what your singing lessons will be like
- * A great start towards a better singing voice
How many sessions will I need?
That's a decision we'll make together.
If you are an advanced singer, you may want to only want to work on a certain problem and then stop. Many top performing artists continue with ongoing vocal coaching to avoid vocal injuries and consistent improvement.
Less advanced students need to go at their own pace when it comes to learning the craft and art of singing.
As your private voice instructor, I will push you to your fullest capability and encourage you each step of the way to reach your vocal singing goals.
FOR SKYPE LESSONS
1. Attach a camera to your computer. (If your computer does not already have a camera in it or attached to it, order this camera - Logitech Quickcam Pro.)
2. Download the free computer application of Skype by going to www.Skype.com.
3. Click here to request a time to start improving your singing voice.
Houston Simmons style of personal voice training is like water.
He pours his vocal technique knowledge into each voice student as though they where a rare receptacle shaped uniquely.
Amazingly he is able to teach each voice student in the manner in which he or she is able to learn.
Houston Simmons is anointed with a gift to liberally share his infectious love for the beautiful colors of music.
As his vocal student I have been blessed to learn how to sing and dance in the warmth of his rainbow.
Call Houston Simmons now at 954-456-4144 to
Improve Your Singing Voice Today.